Friday, January 12, 2018

"Crow Dandy"-Painted Quirky Doodle Sketch

Remember those quirky doodles I share the other day? The ones I said I would go back and color some day? Well, I decided to color in this quirky crow now, just for fun, and I l know he could be made better, but I love him!

He reminded me of a "dandy", thus the name "Crow Dandy"! :)

Mixed Media journal page; I used inktense blocks, a water brush, Posca paint markers, black stabilo pencil, colored pencils, gold gel pen, and washi tape, in my mixed media paper sketch book to bring him to life.



This image emerged from among a bunch of random marks and lines, done with my eyes closed, with no idea of what they would become when I actually looked at them, and the dressed crow spoke to me.


The base colors were lain in with Inktense blocks and a water brush, adding stripes to the background.


Polka dots were added with Posca paint markers, lines darkened with Stabilo black pencil, and more inktense block added in places. Sorry about the blurred photo!


The finished piece, after a layer of colored pencils to tone down the inks some, and a little body re-structuring. I circled all the dots and colored the buttons with a gold gel pen, which doesn't show up here, and added Washi tape over the stitched lines between the stripes. The gold stars don't show up here either. :/ The colors are more true in this photo than the one below.


The colors in this photo aren't as true as the one above it, but I took this one to show the shiny gold stuff. I tried several times to get a good photo that showed both, but couldn't. I had to hold this one up in one hand to photograph it with the other. I don't have the best lighting where I paint. :/

Anyway, I'm thankful to have had time to study and paint, uninterrupted, for several mornings in a row. I'm working on the second class in Paint Your Heart and Soul 2018, plus I'm watching and taking notes on the Twelve Days of free classes that Ivy Newport gave us for Christmas, so I can try all the stuff in them when I can. I've already learned a lot from the four classes I've watched. Plus, I'm painting stuff just for fun, such as Crow Dandy, to share in Series 52, which I was invited to join by Jeanne Oliver. So my creative plate is full, and I'm happy about it! I just hope I can keep up with it all! Its much better for my nerves than drugs and/or alcohol! :)

Sleet and snow in Rabbit Hop today, turning into ice! I know it's much worse for some of you. Stay safe and warm!

Find time to do something that makes you happy every day, even if it's only ten minutes. Your soul will thank you for it! :)

Also shared in Creative Every Day, Series 52, and my FB page (The MOXIE Rabbit Art Studio)!


No comments: