Saturday, October 31, 2015

Small Dress Painting

My mom still had my prom dress from 1966 when I was a junior in high school. I'm planning to cut it up to make a fabric journal, but I decided to paint it first. I didn't have it in front of me, so I painted it from memory in mixed media on a  5"x 7" piece of hot press watercolor paper.



Acrylics, gesso, soft pastels, stabilo pencil, gelly roll pen, gelatos, brush, water


I decided it needed a bit more color, but I'm debating on leaving it this way. I also got the dress a little shorter than it should have been, since it was a long dress, but it was fun to paint in my regular style for a change, as much as I enjoy mixed media pulled out and intuitive painting.

By the way, hubby took me to my Jr banquet/prom, so this dress is a precious memory. We have been married 45 1/2 years now. Not always easy, but always worth it! :D

Happy Painting!


No comments: