Thursday, June 4, 2015

Button Stamp

I tried out a button stamp I made the other day. I had been thinking about doing this for a while and finally got around to it.

I used gel medium to glue several buttons to a cd case top and let it dry, thinking it would make a good tool for my gelli plate. I first tried it to lift paint from the mini gelli plate in an art journal (left page). I stamped it on top of some other layers with the gelli plate and stamped the paint I had lifted on the opposite page, and it didn't work too good, but the pages weren't on a totally flat surface. I'll try again later on a flatter firmer surface, and maybe different paper. The left page is actually the back of a canvas, which is kind of rough.

The stamp did work good, however, using rice paper laid down over the buttons with paint applied to them, pressed, and lifted. I like it, so the button stamp will definitely not go to the trash bin. :D


Can't wait to make some more pages with it! :D

No comments: