Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Cards and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

For many years I have made at least five cards, and for years that's all I mailed out. Now I'm up to 10 and sometimes 12, if time allows. Seven of them always go to the same loved ones, and the others vary from year to year. Each one has to be different in some way, because I get bored making them alike. This year I borrowed a couple of ideas from Pinterest for the figures, because I wanted to play with my new circle punch. Backgrounds are mine!


Those of you that get one every year may now know what they look like beforehand, BUT you don't know which one YOU'RE getting! lol


I played with my 5"x7" gelli arts printing plate and my star and circle punches, plus a couple of buttons, and some ribbon, torn prints, and bubble wrap.They also have words on the front in gold gelli pen, which isn't showing up much here. I forgot to photo the inside verse. In fact, I almost forgot to photo the cards before I put them in the envelopes.


This little guy, also in the top photo, asked for some snow before being sealed up, so I gave him some. I try to pay attention to what my characters want at all times! :)

Not the best job in the world, but a lot of fun to make, and I always think I'm going to start on them way early, but I'm kind of a last minute person. Drives hubby, mama, and my friends crazy! They are all type A personalities, and I, well, I'm not. lol

Now, if I can just get them in the mail box before Christmas!

The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy for me, as I'm sure they are for you, but I want to wish all of you who celebrate a very Merry CHRISTmas and the best of New Years! Safe travels and enjoy the holidays!

Also sharing on the Creative Every Day challenge, where you will find many wonderful creative artists and their work.

1 comment:

linda said...

lovely to find a new blog through CED! Very cute cards, love the texture!