Sunday, June 30, 2013

Yarn Fun Box and a Mixing Bowl

Box of fun just waiting to happen! I bought the large ball of Chunky yarn and the gold and beige Maysville cotton warp on the far right separately. The rest is a variety of colors and textures in wools and acrylics that came in a grab box (I didn't know exactly what I was getting). All ordered from Dick Blick Art Supplies.

 
 
Now I get to figure out what to do with them! Yay!
 
I am currently warping my loom with the bronze gold Maysville 8/2 cotton yarn for a sampler. Then I'll go from there!
 
I saw some of the yarn bowls on Etsy and thought to myself that they were really fun and useful, that I'd like to have one. Instead of buying one, I'm going to make one out of paper clay at some point, but for the time being I'm using a 64 year old large ironstone mixing bowl that my mom got at her wedding shower that many years ago. It also happens to be the same age as me, and I've always loved it. She was going to toss it out, so I brought it home with me. It makes a wonderful yarn bowl that holds cones, tubes, or balls, with plenty of room, and it keeps them from turning over or rolling all over the floor when I'm warping or crocheting, plus it's decorative.  
 
 
Sorry about the picture quality, but I was in a hurry! :/ Hard to see the yarn coming up out of the bowl and onto the loom, but it's there!
 
 
My husband also suggested that I could turn a flower pot with a hole in the bottom to pull the yarn through, over the yarn to keep it from rolling around, or use one of those pots with holes in the sides for hen and chicken cacti. Great ideas! Much cheaper than ceramic ones, but maybe not as cute or pretty though!
 
My work space is currently in such disarray that I don't have space for art and stuff, but I'm beginning to have withdrawals and a yearning to try out those new Liquitex Open acrylics that I bought a few weeks ago on my Gelli print plate. Stay tuned! :) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are so creative and inspiring. Thank you for sharing.