Thursday, January 19, 2017

More Quick Contour Sketches 2

I'm having a slow start in painting or journaling so far this year, but I have been trying to keep sketching. Below are a few of the quick contour sketches I've done in my sketchbook over the last few days. Not trying for a likeness on the selfies! :)


If the selfie isn't wearing glasses in the sketch, then I wasn't wearing them in reality, and I was seeing double lines a lot of the time. Sitting on the bed looking in the closet door mirror, so the blank lines in my arms are where the mirror frames came down.


Another selfie in the mirror, sitting on the bed listening to music while sketching. Happy!


Sketch of my pink hat laying on folded fabrics that I wove myself in front of a large Asian picture of a crane behind it.


Sketch of a figurine I bought at a flea market years ago, but I still love it. Pierrot clown and ballerina. It's more elongated and elegant in reality.


Another selfie in the mirror quick sketch, and I wasn't angry, just focused! Plus a quickie of a crockery bowl that someone gave mama when she got married 68 years ago that I have balls of yarn in. She was going to get rid of it, and I've always loved it, so I confiscated it! I love the color and designs on it.

I notice that I look much thinner when I sketch without my glasses than I do when I wear them. I like this effect! The purple and pink pens, not so sure about!

All were done in gel ink pens on mixed media paper in a limited time frame. Imperfect, but I like them. I think they all have character.

Hopefully, I will start getting up early enough again to get some painting in soon. I NEED creative time like I need breathing and God, whether it's good or not!

Keep doing what makes you happy! 💖

No comments: