Monday, August 10, 2026

Some Experiments-Abstracts

 I've been relaxing with some experimental paintings the last few days, in between having to go somewhere and company. These are all in my 7 x 10 W/N sketchbook, 135 lb paper, which has a slight tooth to it. They are all acrylic paints or inks, except the red and blue one, which is gouache, and I made them by lightly spraying the paper with water, adding paint with my finger, then lightly spraying with water again and tilting the page in different directions, letting the paint/ink/gouache run and merge however it wanted to. I added sea salt and table salt on most of them. It took on some, but not on others, according to the dampness of the paper at the time. I like how most of them turned out, but a couple of them will, for sure, have more work done on them...

I can see all sorts of critters/characters/images in each one! I love it!









The gouache didn't work as well for some reason, but I can always paint or collage over, or with, it!

An art friend told me that she had had some amazing results with spray alcohol and water based paints, so guess what I'll be trying soon! Ha!

Also, I'm still adding to my Magpie's Nest journal pages as I find interesting things/ideas to use.

Anyway, for now, I'm off to make a doctor's appointment, have breakfast, start a watercolor painting that I sketched off earlier, and I'm expecting company around noon, so it's a busy Monday following a busy weekend.

Hope you all have a blessed and creative week!

No comments: