Sunday, June 21, 2020

Stitch Meditation 33-Face and Elephant

I already had this one pinned together, except for the elephant button, but just hadn't got around to the stitching. My cousin's wife, Jean, who I've known and loved most of my life, passed away Thursday morning, after a long and hard illness. They live in another state, and we knew she was slowly leaving us, but hearing that she was actually gone hit like a gut punch. Stitching this piece in one sitting helped me get through the initial shock. Grateful for that.


The turquoise is not part of the piece, but is the plastic lap tray it was laying on. I couldn't crop any closer without cutting part of the piece off, and I was too lazy to try for a better picture. 😏 Made of scraps from a fat quarter cotton fabric (pink), an old cotton blouse (purple floral), old purple velvet from somewhere, yellow satin from my old pajamas from when I was young and thinner, beige candlewicking heavy cotton scrap. inherited from my mom, with one of my face sketches printed on it, an elephant button from my discarded dress, and purple embroidery thread.

It has a calming effect on me. It did its job!

Last meditation piece I had ready to stitch, and I'm not quite ready to stitch on the fabric book yet, so I will have to dive head first into my fabric and notions scraps again to see what speaks to me before I progress to more stitching. Fun stuff! 😊

No comments: