Saturday, December 14, 2019

Kibbles Portrait Work

Last post draft that was waiting to be finished as soon as I finished this painting of our beloved little fur baby, Kibbles Marie, who was a gift from a friend, and was the closest thing we ever had to a child. She was with us almost sixteen years, before having to be euthanized in 1997 due to severe health problems. I still have not gotten over having to make that decision, all these years later, and miss her every single day.

Anyway, I started this large painting of her in the winter of the year she died (1997) in oils on a gallery wrapped canvas. I've worked on it some a couple of times over the years, but it has remained at this stage for several years now. It hangs in our dining room, and everybody thinks it is finished, but the eyes and muzzle, in particular need quite a bit more work.


I started this post early this year, with this picture of the wip painting, because I had full intentions of finishing it, but then I tore my work space/dining room apart to clean under and around everything and get stuff organized. I got under and around things cleaned, but the stuff I moved and put into boxes to be organized unfortunately is still sitting stacked up in the floor waiting, so I  have not been able to locate my oil paints.

 I painted pretty much exclusively in oils when I started this painting. I have since switched to open acrylics, but I need oils to finish her. Can use oils over acrylics, but can't use acrylics over oils!

So, for the time being, it stays like it is, and I will live with it. Maybe I will get her finished before I die! 😊

No comments: