Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Embroidered Quilt Blocks by My Mama-1986

One of my friends stopped by the Senior Citizens in town, where the local FCE group was having their monthly meeting. One of my mom's best friends was sharing a quilt that was a group project years ago. Each member embroidered a block or two, then all the blocks were sewn together and quilted. They hand quilted a lot of the quilts, but this one looks like it might have been machine quilted.

Anyway my friend snapped pictures of the two blocks that mama embroidered and shared them with me, which was very thoughtful of her, and I love the blocks. They are dated 1986.

This one is of our county (Wayne) with the main towns and some points of interest on it.


She put hers and daddy's names and the date on the right of the basket and my, my husband's, and our little Pekingese dog's name on the left. I don't remember if I had seen these before they were sewn together, or not. If so, more than thirty years is a long time and I forgot.

Mama, daddy, and Kibbles are all gone now, and these are treasured memories! Loved and miss them all so much!

No comments: