Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday Gelli Prints

So, I was in printmaking heaven last Saturday morning! I was still using my 5" x 7" gelli plate, but this time I tore Speedball printmaking paper into size to use my open media acrylics on. I like the results better than on mixed media paper, which is not as smooth. I wish I had signed them before making the pictures, but that ship sailed. 😊

I shared these all in a couple of pictures a few posts back, but I thought I'd share them individually so you can tell more about them. Of course, they look better in reality, because, as I've said before, I'm not a great photographer. Sorry!


Abstract, made with leftover paint on the plate...


Landscape with multiple layers, first pull...


Landscape with multiple layers, second pull...


Monoprint, with a too pink background, so I printed another layer over it, and it will be touched up later. First pull...


Monoprint, second pull...


Landscape, multiple layers, first pull...


Landscape, multiple layers, second pull, and I see a figure in the foreground...


Abstract, one layer, first pull, I see a waterfall...


Abstract, one layer, second pull, I see a red haired woman...


Abstract, one layer, first pull...


Abstract, one layer, second pull...


And one last abstract, one layer, third pull with cd disc covered in paint stamped onto it

Fun stuff!

No comments: