Saturday, August 18, 2018

Feather Journal Pages (altered book)-Keep Looking Up

I did another spread in my altered book journal trying to get back into painting and working on my classes.


I love these eyes that I found in a magazine, so I tore them out and adhered them to the gessoed pages in my book and let dry.


I used indigo to paint the whole background, and before it was dry, I spritzed it with water, causing it to run and removing some of the paint. I was experimenting, and was going to add some other paint and marks, but I liked this, so I left it.


The writing and white dots were added with a Posca white paint marker. Not happy with the writing, but it is what it is. There was a natural diagonal line across the eye on the right side, so I added a black line with a Posca marker, which I hated, so I covered it with starry indigo washi tape, which I liked much better. There is also a vague number 3, which is my favorite number, next to the diagonal.

After it dried, I put a light coat of cold wax on it, let it dry, then buffed it to keep the pages from sticking together.

Keep looking up, despite the chaos and darkness that may be going on around you!

No comments: