Monday, June 11, 2018

Altered Book Pages in Feather Journal

I finally finished these two pages in my altered book journal that I started last year!
                                                                                             

The face was sketched off with only simple lines, then I started collaging over it with whatever scrap papers I could find around my work space, and I painted in the background with acrylic paint, I think. The figure was sketched in using a bamboo sketch tool, and the page was done in mixed media following the techniques of a teacher, but I'm sorry, I can't remember which one. It stayed like this for a while.

Then I added white gesso with a palette knife and some collage to the figure page, and left it almost a year.


I came back to it the other day, and added more collage papers to the face and hair, but didn't like the way it was looking. I also cut out the pink circles with a paper punch and collaged them onto the figure page to add interest.



Added acrylic paint and acrylic ink over the collaged face and some details and called her done. Her eyebrows say "Beautifully Imperfect".  I added some detail work with a black gel pen,  a stabilo pencil, and the pink circles to the figure page and also called it done. 

They look much better in reality. Sorry about the photography! I like them!

Also, sorry about the underlining! I've had a heck of a time writing this post. Everytime I capitalized a letter the whole post, pictures and all, would disappear, then it happened every time I even started typing. I shut my blog down and re-opened it, which helped that part, but then it wouldn't stop underlining and the text kept changing color on me. I'm guessing that all those updates Windows 10 downloaded onto my laptop yesterday evening had something to do with it. :/

Anyway, maybe it will be straightened out when I write the next post. See you then! Keep creating! :)




No comments: