Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Quirky Sketch and Painting-Calla Lily Pink

This quirky doodle sketch was fun to paint! It started out as a bunch of Lyra water-soluble crayon marks randomly made on mixed media paper in my journal. I used a water brush pen, which I love, on the lines to pull the calla lily and background flowers out.


Just to experiment I applied pink pan pastel to the calla lily with my finger, but it's too bright for my liking...


I applied several layers of acrylic paint in different shapes in the background, some colored pencils, black and white stablio marks all pencils, glazes, and some other things I'm sure I forgot about, until it got to this point, at which point I thought I better stop. I had no references, so it is all from memory and imagination, or intuitive, as they call it these days.  Anyway, it is what it is, and I like it! 😊

No comments: