Monday, March 19, 2018

Quirky Doodle Ptg-Mr. Orange Cat and Ms Mouse

Mixed-media quirky doodle painting using inktense pencils, gel pen, acrylic paints, stencils, colored pencils, and a stablio black marks all pencil. I have already saved the sketch to a back up drive, so didn't have it handy to add, but you can see the sketch that emerged from my marks pretty clearly in the first layer of color.


First layer of color with inktense color blocks; Mr. Orange was in the midst of washing his left hind leg when something caught his attention, thus he's still sitting on his right hip.


I added some dots with a bought stencil and some lace using a paper lace doily. Wait! What has his attention? Something moved in his peripheral vision!


I added a few layers of black stabilo pencil and acrylic paints, and I got the idea to add the mouse and hole in the wall with paynes gray acrylic.


I added whiskers on both, a tail on Ms Mouse, some glazing on Mr. Orange, circles around the dots, more of a shadow under them, and a couple of high lights and called it down, for now!

Ms Mouse is wondering what Mr. Orange is watching for!

No comments: