Friday, March 23, 2018

Class 6 PYH&S 2018-Mixed Media-Look In The Paint

This is class 6 of Paint Your Heart and Soul 2018 (link on sidebar), intuitive painting, and was inspired by Mystele Kirkeeng, but not like hers. In fact, I forgot one of the beginning layers. But that's okay, I learned a lot from Mystele and will do some more using her techniques!


First layer...


Second layer...


After adding more layers of texture and paint, this lady's image invited me to set her free. This is the first time I've ever tried to paint a lady of color.


I took some of the hair off the top so it didn't look as square, added some texture, brought out the texture and her dress, and added more layers to her skin and eyes.


I toned down the background and kept adding more layers and textures over all.


I added more lights and worked on her eyes some more and called her done. I kept on until I got her skin too light and covered up most of the collage and textures underneath, but she was a good experience and taught me a lot. The word, help, is showing through on her left chest, but not too good in this photo. She has a story, and I'm happy she told it to me. I did way better than I thought I would, and I love her! LOVE intuitive drawing and painting!

Moving on to class 7, which is a graphite portrait! Not a fan of graphite drawing, but we'll see how it turns out!

No comments: