Saturday, December 30, 2017

Advertising Bag from 1960s

Isn't this shopping bag cool?


It has the same design on both sides, but the store name is torn off one side and there's a hole by one of the girls on the other.


I found this plastic shopping bag while going through my mom's outside closet, full of old lace and ribbons. The bag is so rotten that any pressure at all disintegrates it, so I had to handle it very carefully to bring it up to my house.

It is a small bag from a store in a nearby town in the sixties, and maybe seventies, before I was married, called Town and Country. Whatever mama and I brought home in it must have been special, because though we would go in there to browse, it was out of our price range, and we rarely bought anything.

I do love the black and white sixties graphics on the bag, and I want to make a much better photo before it completely falls apart, just for nostalgia reasons. I happened to be a teenager in the sixties, and this brings back good memories! Plus the wonderful old lace and ribbons will be put to use in my fabric journals and crafts! Mama would be pleased. :)

You never know what piece of ephemera you happen upon will trigger a bunch of memories, good and bad.

1 comment:

Talitha said...

Cool! Thanks for sharing!