Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Used Book Feather Journal

I don't remember what class I did this in a while back. It may have been one of Jeanne Oliver's classes. In fact, I think it was! :)

Anyway, it's a book that I no longer wanted (it was supposed to be old, but mine isn't). I took the dust cover off, cut some feathers out of old sheet music (thus the name "Feather Journal"), collaged them on, and gessoed and inked in the feathers, leaving a few words visible. That's as far as I am on the cover, for now, but I will add a title and some embellishment eventually.



The title is a little misleading, because, actually, the journal has nothing to do with feathers, but has printed pages full of mostly hand sketched faces and figures in various media, which I shared earlier. Go to labels on sidebar and click on Feather Journal if you want to see what's on the inside pages! They're just quick practice sketches, but fun!

The whole journal is a work in progress, as I am easily distracted and signed up for another class! I have so many unfinished projects. So much I want to try and do and so little time and energy!

Keep having fun with your creative endeavors!

No comments: