Saturday, December 31, 2016

Quirky Doodle Bunny Painting

This is what I call my quirky doodles and painting! I love to pull the images out of these lines!


I closed my eyes and, with a pencil, lightly made random lines all over the mixed media paper (Can you see any images within the lines?)...


These images emerged from the lines for me, so I darkened these lines and added eyes, petals, etc....


Added watery indigo acrylics to background and shadows...


I have no idea why I decided to paint the bunny and the sky red. I guess I was thinking to warm up the layers to go on top of them? It seemed like a good idea at the time!


Painted blue plus white acrylics in the sky, greens in the grass, burnt umber? over the sunflower centers, and white over the bunny. Now he's pink! I briefly thought about keeping him pink...


but later decided against it and added more thick white paint to the bunny and the sky, and petals to the sunflowers, and this is how he is for now, as a work in progress. There is much to be straightened up and tweaked before I call him finished. I will post a picture when he's finished!

No comments: