Saturday, December 31, 2016

Review: Moo Carve carving blocks

I hate to talk negative about anyone, but I tried the Moo Carve  blocks to carve my own stamps back at the first of the year, and wasn't happy at all with it. It was a waste of money, as I wound up ordering the speedball carving block anyway.

Moo Carve is soft and carves like butter, but is much too flakey and easy to break and chip off, both while carving and stamping.


For practice, I carved a small cross, added ink, and stamped a few in my journal.


One side broke off while I was stamping. I also had to be very careful while handling them. The least bit of pressure on the edges would break little chunks, or rolls, off.


I also carved a heart and tried stamping with it on the same journal page.



You can see on the red hearts that the more I stamped, the more it came apart.


This is the last thing I carved with the Moo Carve, a bird. It was the worst of all; I guess because it was bigger. It started breaking apart as soon as I started using it.

So the Moo Carve is sitting on a shelf, til I can figure out some other use for it. Some of you may love it, and that's fine, but it's not for me. For the time being, I will stay with the Speedball carving block, which I'm going to use as soon as I find my stamp carving tools. Sorry Moo Carve! I really wanted to like your product!

No comments: