Thursday, July 30, 2015

Inky Elephant and a Red Bird

Another fun little f-nut inspired by Tracy Verdugo's Animalitos class (link on sidebar). These are addictive!


F-nut shape on 300# watercolor paper with acrylic inks; I used a small blue elephant salt shaker figurine for a model....


I should have done the harlequin stenciled background BEFORE the elephant, but didn't. I added it and my handmade bird stencil after, and added patterns and marks to the elephant and bird with metallic gel pens, Pitt brush pens, metallic markers, and acrylic paints. The b/w background bothered me, so I added some red-gold metallic marker across the bottom to kind of break it up...


Still didn't like it, so I went over some of the red-gold with a plain gold metallic marker and added acrylic paints to the white background, then wiped it off, and added more embellishments to the figures...


The colored background seemed a bit much, so I repainted it with a burnt umber tinted white to tone it down and kept working on the embellishments...


I added some final touches to the elephant and bird and called it done. I love it!

They both have a tear and a flower, because losing someone you love is NEVER easy, and a good friend to help you through it is a great blessing...

No comments: