Sunday, January 4, 2015

More Gelli Prints Practice and a Journal Reworking

More fun! This time I experimented with writing with a brush end, stencils, a dead leaf, a silk peony, bubble wrap, on colored card stock with the 5"x7" gelli plate. I can't say I particularly like most of these and I'll probably layer or work over them some more.


My favorite of the top group is the dark butterfly over the magenta background...


My favorite of this group is the bottom left with the lt coral peony on the paynes gray background...


I also re-strung this altered book covers journal. Above is the original, where I used a burgundy ribbon, which was laying handy when I started putting the pages together. I never liked it, but I thought I could live with it...I couldn't...


So, I took all the various sized papers and covers off the ribbon, including the tie ribbon, and replaced it with a brown leather strip that I had bought for jewelry making. It took a little while to re-thread the pages on, but it was worth it. I like it MUCH better! :)

2015 has started off good creative wise and otherwise. Hoping it stays that way!

No comments: