Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Year's End Gelli Plate Play


Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends! I did!

Now that things have slowed down a bit, I got out my 5"x7" gelli arts printing plate and several sheets of printmaking paper, plugged my mp3 player into my ears with my favorite music, and started rolling open acrylic paints onto the plate in various colors that I was drawn to today. I used some stencils, stamps, brush ends, my fingers, a candy baking cup, and whatever else was handy, without giving it much thought. I may go back and add more layers to some of them later, but for now they are what they are!

I could get four to a whole page, but some are upside down or sideways on the page, as I was turning the sheet around in a small space to print.

I think there are twenty-eight 5"x7" prints, plus two smaller ones, but here is what I did this morning while hubby was still sleeping.


Just playing: Three prints pulled from the same plate, plus a partial print, and a stamp...


The pink one left bottom is upside down...


These are all sideways and the top two are opposite the bottom two. I love the bottom left one!...


All sideways...


Four pulled from the same print...


Four of my faves from today!


I got this awesome desk cabinet from our niece and her family for Christmas, which has yet to be put together, but it will be great storage for my prints!


I also got this handmade "feed bag" from our niece. I love it! It had Sonic gift cards inside for the days when hubby and I go after cattle feed and also feed ourselves. So sweet! The Cracker Barrel gift card was from our nephew and family, one of my favorite places to eat!


And I got this awesome rolling sewing machine case from our brother-in-law. I'm trying to decide whether I want to use it for sewing or arting. Decisions! Decisions!

Aside from the presents and wonderful food, the love and togetherness we shared with family and friends, who we love very much, made it an awesome Christmas. I'm truly grateful that it was so good, because we never know which one of us will be missing when the next one rolls around.

This will be my last blog for 2014. It's been a good year. Hubby and I have been blessed in many ways, and I am thankful. Prayers that 2015 will be a good year for all of us, and may we be blessed with enough.

No comments: