Sunday, August 3, 2014

Do-Overs

A couple of mixed media paintings I wasn't happy with and did some more work on this week. I like them both much better! Still not sure I'm done with them though!


Then...

Now! This one is on a mixed media board with stamping, stenciling, spattering, etc. It's mostly acrylics and a Pitt brush pen. I was practicing lettering. I need more practice!


Then...


Now! This one is also on a mixed media board, and is a mixed media piece with many layers of acrylic paints, stenciling, photos, marks all pencil and all sorts of other stuff. I didn't like the first one at all, so I scrubbed white gesso all over the painting, and added white paint and marks all pencil. I like it much better, and  her hair isn't really that bright yellow that the picture shows. It was inspired by a class I took last year from Heather Murray's Mixed Media Memory Portraits class at the Trodden Path group (link on sidebar).

The little girl is a photo of me when I was ten years old, and I was wearing a bathing suit, about 1959. The man is a photo of one of my ancestors that my uncle gave me. I love his pose with the fiddle! The dog is my beloved little fur-baby, Kibbles, that was my constant companion for sixteen years during the 1980s-90s, and she is still missed terribly. She was actually very small, but the size I used in this painting shows how important she was to me.

I have been at a bit of a stand still this week. No energy and feeling somewhat overwhelmed. I have several drafts for posts started to share when I can get focused and the energy to finish them. I'm also on the 4th, and last, week of Jeanne Oliver's class, Creatively Made, and have several paintings to share from that class, which I am loving and learning so much from.

Happy painting! :)

No comments: