Friday, July 11, 2014

Altered MM Moleskine Journal Cover

A new Moleskine journal that I decided to alter the cover on before using it. As I frequently do, I forgot to gesso the cover first to seal it, but it's a hard cover, so maybe it's okay.


I started by picking up random papers, a piece of old lace, and a picture of my parents before they married and gluing them to the cover. I added some modeling paste to the left corner and scratched the word "Love" in to it with a brush handle. Just playing and exploring! 

That's wax paper sticking out around the edge...


I also added some dots of modeling paste with a rolled up paper, thinking I'd get a rose shape. Not! I added the blue dotted fabric tape to kind of pull things together. At least I thought it would!


Added some white and some pale violet smudges around and some Stablio marks all pencil in a few places.


It still needed something, so I found these pieces that I had cut from a piece of copper metal scrap left over from a doll house bay window top and glued them on. More marks all pencil, and I think I'm done! I can live with it, and it's now ready to doodle/write in when I get ready (I need to finish some of these wips first :o).


No comments: