Thursday, March 1, 2018

New Sketchbook-New Quirky Doodle Sketches!

I thought I ordered the same small sketchbook that I had been using, but this one is smaller than the last one and has 100% rag paper, which I have discovered that I like a lot. I played with a Lyra non=water-soluble pencil and some quirky doodle sketches in it, and, so far, have six new pages of original sketches to color. I am having to get used to the slightly smaller size though.


I never know what will emerge from my swirls, marks, and imagination on these pages, but they are all my babies, and I love them, even the ugly ones!

This rare nude quickly showed herself on this page and lent herself to a beach. I am debating whether to dress her in a bathing suit, but she's arguing big time with me. I like her, so she will probably win, as I think she is tastefully posed. Perhaps when I paint her I will add something in front of her to explain what she's doing, when I figure out what that is.


The second sketch I did in this session brought forth a pear trio, which I rather like! Another rarity, a fruit still life! I can already see it in color!


The third sketch brought forth a single flower, which also speaks to me! Can't wait to paint it!

I am now five weeks behind on my PYH&S classes, although I'm working on number five, a mixed media piece. I also have a couple of quirky doodle paintings in progress. Still trying to get caught up with posts and stuff too. The house has gotten completely out of control and overwhelming too, but it will all work out like it's supposed to, somehow.

Anyway, I'm going to keep on painting as long as I can see through these brown cataracts, at which point my optometrist says to let him know and we will get them removed. Gotta' keep trying! :D

No comments: