Sunday, June 14, 2015

Tyger, Tyger in the Night! (Animalitos)

Another Animalito inspired by Tracy Verdugo (see sidebar link). This time a tiger study on cardboard, using acrylic inks and paint, markers, marks all black pencil, gel pen, and collage.

This is my first ever tiger, and I was supposed to paint loosely with a big brush. I didn't have a big brush handy when I started (I need to dig it out), so I used about a half inch one. Of course, by the end I was using a tiny brush, because that's just the way I am. I have to make everything complicated!


A start...


a close-up...


and this is how I left him when I decided to stop fiddling with him and let him be!

I used an image off Pinterest for inspiration, and also inspiration from Tracy's class. Definitely a new experience, and an adventure!

Have fun with your creativity this week! :)

No comments: