Friday, March 20, 2015

Gelli Prints Using a Foam Plate

A lot of people in one of my gelatin printing groups seemed to be having fun using foam plates with their gelli prints, so I thought I'd give it a try too. :)


Instead of carving a stencil into the bottom, I took a wooden bamboo skewer and used the blunt end to sketch random patterns on to the plate bottom...


I squeezed open media acrylic (a bit too much to start) and rolled it onto my 8"x10" gelli plate, then pressed the foam plate bottom down into the paint, and lifted some of the paint off to leave a design. The middle print was actually the first one I pulled, then the left one, then the right...


I used the plate as a stamp on some of these prints. I know the design is kind of busy, but I like it. This was fun! I'm going to try some more when I have time!

Happy Creating! Don't be afraid to experiment! :)

No comments: