Sunday, January 20, 2019

Jan 17 Gelli Prints

I am in somewhat of a creative slump at the moment. My workspace is in more disarray than usual as I'm trying to clean and organize it, and it's a slow process, because I have so much crammed into such a small space. I barely have room to turn around, a tiny space on my table to work in, can't find anything I want to work with, and it's very frustrating. It will, however, work out at some point!

I did a little de-cluttering in the spare bedroom this week and I did a little gelli printing today with my 5" x 7" plate, open media acrylics, speedball printmaking paper, and some end pieces cut from other prints. The prints are all one layer monoprints and some of the bookmarks have two layers. I used a palette knife to apply the paint this time.
.

These bookmark beginnings actually came at the end of the session. Some were used to clean off the plate, and some were printed from paint added to the plate. They are printed on both sides, but I forgot to take pictures of the backs. I will show both sides after embellishments and writing/text is added.






Sorry these look a bit fuzzy. I am having eye problems, and some days I see better than others. The last print is on a sheet of regular printer paper, and was used to clean the plate.

Dental appointment tomorrow. NOT looking forward to it! I do, however, look forward to my next paint slinging appointment. :)

Have an awesomely creative week!

No comments: