Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Quirky Doodle Sketch Painting- Koi Bouquet or Confusion

Another quirky sketch that I did several months ago, which happened to be the facing page to the Koi painting in my last post. I was waiting for it to dry, so I started painting on this one yesterday and finished it this morning.


It started out as a little sleeping Stablio pencil sketched Koi fish with no fins or tail, which I loved, but it quickly morphed into...


This colorful little ocean bouquet of fish, shapes, and patterns in Chinese pan watercolors, acrylics, inktense pencils, black gel pen, acrylic ink, and Posca paint markers.


I tried it in a landscape format, but didn't really like it. The water patterns were in ultramarine blue crossing like this, so I took viridian watercolor and made patterns across the blue to make it look more watery and rotated it back to a vertical format to finish it. Actually, this one should be before the one above, but that's okay.


I tried making it a pastel painting in the photo editing app, and I liked it, but, in the end, returned to the brighter colors.


I like the brighter colors, but I see that the color and texture in the lower fin didn't show up enough in the photo, which just proves to you that I'm a lousy photographer. Not making excuses, but I'm also dealing with brown cataracts on my eyes, which makes me feel like I always need more light and I'm sure colors what I'm looking at. That means that the colors may actually be brighter than I'm seeing them. If that's the case, sorry! Hoping I can get them off before too long. They are bothering me a lot by making my eyes feel tired and strained. So thankful that I can still see as well as I can!

Feed your creativity! It will bless your soul, as well as others' souls that you share it with! 💖

No comments: