Thursday, October 26, 2017

Sacred Landscapes (of a sort) 2012

These are not part of the Sacred Landscapes class that I took from Ivy Newport this past year (although I recently shared them in the group with Ivy), but some I took from another teacher a few years ago. In this class we used only 3-4 colors, layering them over one another, creating textures, and letting the images emerge after they dried, then developing them further with pencil. I love doing this!


Just lately, I went over the images with a black Pitt marker, when I re-discovered them in an old sketchbook. 


Same image in shades of gray and black...


Different images in different colors. The images aren't showing up as much, because they're still outlined in pencil.


Same image in grays and black...


Same painting with the Pitt marker lines added to emphasize the images more.

These are all done in fluid and open acrylics on mixed media paper in a mixed media sketchbook.

I don't claim to be an artist, but I sure do love trying! Happy Arting!

No comments: