Monday, July 3, 2017

New Assorted Quirky Doodles and one Blind Sketch

The first art of any kind that I've done after several weeks of trauma, ending with my mama passing away. I did part of them last night and part of them this evening.

When I haven't done any art in a while, I often use quirky doodle sketches to help get my creative juices flowing again. The first seven of these are quirky doodles, where I close my eyes and make several random marks lightly on the page with a pencil, then open my eyes and let an image emerge from the marks. Thus all the extra lines in the background and through the image.  I used a black water-soluble pencil on all of these in a mixed-media sketchbook.

I almost have this sketchbook full of doodles to color in with paint, create stories about, or just to see what was going on with me at the time, according to the images that emerged.


Bunny 


Mother and Daughter


Creepy Clown


Pirate Dog?


Ancestral Support


Lamb


Sort of Creepy Clown


The last sketch is not a quirky doodle. I decided to actually try sketching a vase of hydrangeas and calla lilies with my eyes closed. I have a large vase of silk hydrangeas and calla lilies sitting on my piano from mama's funeral, and they are what I tried to hold in my mind while I lightly sketched them "blindfolded." I am surprised they even resembled flowers in a vase, but they did. Of course, I touched them up after I opened my eyes, but the "bones" were there and recognizable. I will definitely try this again.

Doing these has lifted my spirits a great deal, and I look forward to doing more and/or getting back to painting and journaling, plus I want to do some more weaving. Getting lost in creativity, whether it's any good or not, makes me happy! And I could use some happy about now!

Hope you enjoyed this post! Til next time!

Enjoy your Creativity!

No comments: