Friday, March 31, 2017

Today's Sketches

I haven't done any art in a few days, until yesterday, I managed to get in some quick sketches in my altered book (The Feather Journal). Believe it, or not, I used the same reference photo (original) for all three sketches, and none of them look like the actual person. :/


I did the one on the right first with a black stabilo pencil and a water pen, plus a bit of white stabilo pencil, then the one on the left with a black charcoal pencil and a bit of water, plus a bit of white stabilo pencil. Made a mess of both! Drawing and shading are not my strong points! :/


I painted over the third sketch with white gesso, right, then sketched with a conte pastel pencil. I also added a bit of acrylic color, and a couple of lines, to the sketch on the left, which I had done previously.

Not the best job, but it was fun to sketch to my favorite music and get my mind off things for a while. I LOVE art and music!

Do some of what makes you happy every day! You'll be better for it! :)

No comments: