Monday, January 30, 2017

Sacred Landscape- Color Scheme/abstraction Practice

I signed up for the Sacred Landscape with Ivy Newport (see sidebar for link) class before Thanksgiving, but am just now getting a chance to start it. I love the work I've seen coming out of it on the Facebook group. So inspiring!

I am working on several different classes/workshops, so I will be jumping back and forth on them, as well as my posts. This is my first class with Ivy, and this is my first color scheme/abstraction practice on a magazine page. Sorry about the photography. It really does look better in reality!


This is the way I finished it, but seemed like it needed something else, so I added the stripes, both acrylic and metallic, below.


This is how it is now. I like both versions though. I used indigo and turquoise blue with naples reddish yellow acrylics, white gesso, copper acrylic ink and copper metallic gel pen on the shawl, and pencil. When it dried, I sprayed it with a clear sealer, unfortunately causing kind of a glare when I took the picture.

I have another magazine page coated with clear gesso and drying, which I'm going to practice on, before I move on to the next video and an original painting on canvas (I think).

Anyway, this was fun! Looking forward to the next one!

No comments: