Saturday, December 31, 2016

Mini Mojo: Textures, Marks, Colors/Self Portrait

These are hideous stages of a large 20" x 20" gallery wrap canvas acrylic painting inspired by Tracy Verdugo's Mini Mojo class on textures, marks, and colors (see sidebar for link). I'm in the middle of the class and this part is a self portrait in living color, so I snapped a few pics and began the adventure!


Painting the negative space in the first layer of color...


Adding a second layer of colors and shapes; I know it's plumb scary looking!


More paint layers and shaping! Looks a little better, but still have a long long way to go! This is where it's at for now. Praying that it will look much better when it's done! My muse took off on me for several months, then the holidays came and life got busy, so I haven't painted, or created anything else, for that matter, in a while. Hopefully, I'll have more creative time and energy this year and get a lot done. I'll share the finished portrait as soon as it's done, ugly or not!

I have a lot of unfinished paintings and journals, plus several unfinished classes and workshops, and one that I haven't started yet that I'm dying to get started on. Too many things to try and do and too little time to do them! Maybe I will get some of them finished this year and I can share with you the good, the bad, and the downright ugly! Fingers crossed!

No comments: