Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Paint Your Town: Charcoal Contour Sketches

Practicing quick contour sketches in the Paint Your Town classes! Good for sketching people and other things out in public in a hurry. The three human faces were all sketched from the same photograph, NOT trying to get a likeness. The first two are in my 4" x 6" town journal, and may be layered over. The other two are in my Moleskine journal, which is larger. Too bad I didn't start in the Moleskine and end in the little journal. I think I was getting more confident toward the end!


#1  Charcoal pencil on a journal page made from the inside of an envelope...


#2  Tried one in watercolor pencil on a collaged page, then went over it with water; forgot that I had sealed the page :/...


#3  Charcoal pencil on Moleskine journal page...I need LOTS MORE practice!


Mr. Moose! Stuffed animal, quick sketched with charcoal pencil on Moleskine journal, from life...I like him! :)

I like that I can quick sketch in the moment, then go back and add to them later if I want to, or cover them up. Fun stuff! :)

Next project is quick contour sketching with ink! Can't wait to try that!

No comments: