Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Mini Mojo/ Mark Making




I'm still here and I finally got in some painting practice! These two pieces were inspired by the first video on mark making from Tracy Verdugo's Mini Mojo: Textures, Patterns, and Colors (see sidebar for link).

The top one is the first one I did, then I didn't particularly like it, so I just added more marks on top with acrylic inks, and found or unusual tools, until I was content with it (second version). It's on 140 lb watercolor paper, a half sheet, so it's pretty large.

The bottom one is the same, except it's on brown kraft paper. I think these will be used as collage fodder in another lesson. They were fun to do!

I had to order some cold wax to use in an up coming lesson, which I'm looking forward to. Of course, I couldn't just order the wax. I also ordered some mixed media scissors, one pack of the mini gelli plates (rectangle, oval, hexagon), a large canvas, and three more bottles of ink.

I also worked some more on a journal spread using my new Posca markers, which I really like. Not ready to share it though! I'm letting it sit for a while...

Spending a quiet day at home alone, which is a rarity anymore, with my paint, my music, and my blog! Definitely food for my soul!  :D

No comments: