Sunday, January 18, 2015

Quick Sketch, New Project, and More Gelli...

Starting off with a very quick sketch in the Feather Journal (altered book) with a Pitt brush pen for practice!

She could be much better, but at least I tried, so I got in some art practice...


The start of a new project, a 9" x 12" canvas covered in collage papers for the first layer. Waiting for it to dry so I can add the next layer...



Got my 3" x 5" Gelli plate yesterday and tried it out this morning. I'm in LOVE!!! I just wish the colors showed up as vibrant and varied as they really are. I think this is my favorite size, and I haven't even tried it as a stamp yet! I used open media acrylics on Speedball printmaking paper, with a string, a plastic fork, a ribbon, and my quirky little bird mask.

We had company come in, so I had to stop before I tried out one of the 2" x 2" canvases I bought on it. I have in mind Christmas ornaments made out of the mini canvases. I also got in a new supply of blank cards, so maybe I'll get an early start on Christmas cards this year. Fingers crossed!

We were all saddened this weekend by the sudden death of my cousin, Jerry, who lived in Texas. He was my dad's nephew, and my parents' house is where he, and his siblings, call home when they come to Tennessee. I didn't get to see him much, but over the last few years we kept in closer touch via Facebook. He was one of my biggest cheerleaders concerning my art efforts, he was a loving and beautiful soul, I loved him, and I will miss him, as will all of his family and friends. Another bright light has been dimmed in our family.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1

No comments: