Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What's on My Desk Right Now!

What's on my desk right now are practice sketches of Van Gogh's, whom we studied last week in the new Studying With the Masters Portrait and Figures class with Jeanne Oliver (This week we're studying Picasso with Teresa McFayden), and a wip charcoal face study, all on gessoed pages in the altered book I started in Jeanne's class "Journey of Letting Go", plus a small 6"x6" canvas portrait wip of my great-grandmother.


My version of Van Gogh's "Sien With Umbrella and Prayer Book" in gel pen...


My version of Van Gogh's "Cypresses" in sanguine Pitt pen...


My version of Van Gogh's "Peasant Woman Lifting Up Potatoes" with a Pitt brush pen...


WIP - attempt at painting my gr-grandmother Melinda in acrylics...


WIP-Charcoal face practice....

Having lots of fun and saving my sanity with these practices! :) 

1 comment:

Janet Ghio said...

Love your van gogh sketches. Will you paint your grandmother in the style of van gogh? I loved this first masters class and this one is great also. No way I can do one artist a week. The first class took me all year, but I loved every minute of it!!