Monday, August 25, 2014

Vintage Hardware Art

Another Creatively Made inspired piece on a 6"x6" gallery canvas, mixed media. I didn't have the hardware to use on this project, as the name implies, so I just did it my way...


Mostly newspaper with a few other papers glued on the canvas and around the sides. The cat is a sticker that my cousin's daughter used on a thank you card that she sent me. I thought he'd look cute on here!


Found a magazine image that I really liked and sketched her on with a Stabilo marks all pencil. Trust me, she looks NOTHING like the image, but I like her.


Brushed on some titan buff acrylic, edged it in Q nickel azo gold (one of my new favorite colors), added a little color to the face, some touch ups with the pencil and a white gel pen, and the word CLASS from the classified section of the newspaper. I wrote the word Practice with a Pitt brush pen, but hate it, and I'm trying to let the background images show through some, like they're supposed to, and which I hardly ever do.


The sides with writing and too thin red wire wrapped around them, because it was handy...


Tried toning down the text some, hated it, and still hate the practice word... The whole thing is boring to me...


Aha! It needed some Q nickel azo gold added to the background, plus it covered up the p word! Better!


A few more touch ups and some writing with a white paint pen, and it now says "Always try to live with Class". It's actually a little darker than this. I like her!

I'm going to have to find a place for all these little pieces. They're stacking up on me! And they are all my children...:)

No comments: