Saturday, March 22, 2014

Study of Cezanne WC Pitcher 2-Masters Class-Week 3

I had written quite a bit, but somehow when I went to publish the post, it lost all the text I had typed, so I'll make it short this time! :)


I also lost the picture of the original Cezanne painting by itself, so above is Cezanne's watercolor painting of "The Blue Pitcher", on the bottom, and my version on the top (above). I'm sure you could have told the difference even if I had not pointed it out. :)


I'm not partial to exact drawing or using a grid to get an exact drawing, so I did a very loose freehand sketch in my mixed media journal...


I used Chinese watercolors and a black Stabilo marks all pencil to get my version. It was a lot of fun to try!

Also sharing on Creative Every Day and Paint Party Friday (links on sidebar)!

5 comments:

Giggles said...

Very nicely done!!

Hugs Giggles

Valerie-Jael said...

Your work is really good, you are pritting from the course. Have fun! Valerie

Nadya said...

I like it! And enjoy the greens style, and Lïght you brought to your version.
So frustrating when what we write disappears into the ethers!!
Love your list of art types/interests! Dolls, to?! and love your banner pic! I'm new to PPF, enjoying!

Annabelle said...

A lovely rendering of Cezanne's pitcher, beautifully done.
Sorry to hear you lost your first draft,it's so irritating when that happens. Enjoy your classes.

Annabelle m..m

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors! I just ordered Stabilos-haven't used them before. Looking forward to trying them.
xo