Sunday, March 23, 2014

Study of Cezanne Landscape 3-Masters Class-Week 3

The third, and last, of my Cezanne studies, for now. It's a landscape, and I've forgotten the name of it, but I think it's oil on canvas.

Cezanne's original painting above...


I forgot to take pictures of some of the progress, but above is the under painting, I think, in my mixed media journal, using acrylics...


More layers of color...


And the version where I called it done! I lost count of the layers and the time I spent on it, it was starting to wear on my nerves, so I decided to leave well enough alone and move on! I do have a new found respect for Cezanne and his work though, and I learned a lot from him and Teresa Sheeley!

I am actually way behind in my posting. These are from week 3, and we have just finished the tenth, and final, week, using week seven as a break week to play catch up. I haven't had time to paint or attend the last two online classes for the last two weeks, and I have portraits by Botticelli and De Felice in progress. Hoping to finish them this week! Again, thankful that Jeanne is leaving the whole class up for two years, so we can re-visit all the artists!

Also sharing on Creative Every Day and Paint Party Friday (links on sidebar)!

10 comments:

Fran said...

You did a very good job with your Cezanne. I actually like the buildings in your painting better.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautifully done! Valerie

SLScheibe said...

Beautiful! A wonderful master study!

Netty said...

You have done a fantastic study of the masters painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Linda Kunsman said...

You really did a great job with this and I love this painting!

Gillena Cox said...

good job; have a nice Friday

much love...

denthe said...

Love your version of this painting!

Giggles said...

Wow good for you, your work turned out beautifully! You should be so proud!

Hugs Giggles

Nadya said...

What a great job, and it's fun to see what thou do with each piece!
I so relate to bedding "behind" in the podcasting! If you "kept up " you wouldn't Get any panting done!

Jeannette said...

wow,love your landscape painting,very beautiful.