Monday, May 7, 2018

Weekend Q Doodle Sketches- Flapper Waves and and Sad Wings

Quirky doodle in mixed media journal, using a Lyra water-soluble crayon and a water brush pen...


Love her, even if her proportions are wonky!


This one came out of my marks the day my first cousin was buried and I couldn't go to the visitation/funeral because of a panic attack. I love his mom and dad very much and grew up with him, and I felt so bad about not being there for them on such a painful day. I don't do well in crowds of people, especially if I'm expected to talk to a lot of them. I also have to pick when I can go in Walmart or any other store that's very busy. It's a pain in the butt, but it is what it is, and I'm sorry about that.

This is also the week, a year ago, that was the beginning of the end for my mama. She had to go to the ER and hospital, got to come home on her birthday for three days, had to go back to the ER and hospital for over four weeks, and the nursing home for four days, where she was in hospice care and died. Her birthday is the 27th, this Friday. It will be her first birthday since I was born 68 years ago that we won't be together. It's a tough week emotionally. Don't know what I'd do if not for God, my hubby, and art. Seriously.

Keep making things that you love! It helps you deal with the difficult times! 💖

No comments: