Saturday, August 26, 2017

Rabbit Hop Eclipse 2017


August 21, 2017: I'm a little late sharing, but I'm lucky to have gotten any pictures at all of the eclipse. We are in Tennessee, but only got a partial eclipse. It didn't get totally dark; more like dusk for a couple of minutes. By the time I got outside, it was already light again, but the shadows were awesome. It was a little eerie feeling, but the light and shadows were intense and amazing. The pictures don't do them justice, but nobody every accused me of being a great, or even good, photographer.😀


This picture was made across one corner of our front yard from the front porch first...


Then I noticed the amazing crescent moon shadows on the porch and steps of the front porch, made from the sun shining through the trees. The figure on the right is a statue of a little girl sitting on a stump painting. My dad gave her to me years ago. The mate to it is a little boy fishing. He's on the other side of the step.


More on the porch and steps...

More crescent shadows on the end of the porch, not as sharp, but just as fascinating...

different angle...


And last, one made from the back door across our driveway of my grandpa's old school bus turned into shoe repair shop years ago, now a memory, but I love it.

Thankful we got to experience some of the eclipse It was eerily quiet while the moon covered the sun, transforming Rabbit Hop into a more magical place than usual!

No comments: