Saturday, November 5, 2016

Paint Your Town: Pages Updated and A New Page

Still from Jeanne Oliver's class "Paint Your Town: Mixed Media Urban Landscape" (see sidebar for link.


Glenkirk Landing and Towhead Island value sketch in Paynes Grey acrylic on a light tan paper. I used a reversed photo, so, in reality, the bluff is to the right. This is a scene within a short walking distance to my home.


Rabbit Hop School House from the turn of the 20th century (around 1900), where my grandpa Stricklin and several of his siblings went to school. It was located a couple of houses over from where I live, in the Rabbit Hop community, but gone way before I was born. I did a photo transfer on a red paint sample. Why, I don't know, but this is just the beginning. We'll see where it goes from here!


I did a little bit more to the pages I shared in the previous post. The left page on this spread is dull, due to weak photography (mine). The colors are much brighter than this! See the previous posts...


I also added a little owl, made from a paper punched circle, to this page, which, I think, helped it...


I added some writing, an aged ticket, and some pencil and paint markings to this photo transfer to rust transferred fabric...LOVED this old theatre from my childhood! It's been torn down for many years now...

Doing a journal using my home town and surrounding areas is fun! I've always wanted to do this, but didn't quite know how to go about it. Jeanne Oliver is showing me unique ways to do it, and I'm learning so much. My pages may not be professional looking, but I'm learning while I'm having fun, and that's the important part!

Keep doing what you love! It feeds your soul! :)


No comments: