Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Paint Your Town Photo Transfers

Learning to print and transfer photos in the Paint Your Town class (see sidebar for link) in my journal! I love using photos and sketches from my home town and surrounding area in my art and for my journal. I don't have the technique down just right yet, but I can live with these

This page is one of my rust transfer fabrics, which I transferred a vintage photo of the old Riverside Theatre in town when I was growing up. The photo was in color, but I copied it in B/W, and even though I knew the ink wasn't dark enough I went ahead and transferred it. Since it was torn down years ago, I kind of like the ghostly images it projects. There happened to be a Christmas parade going on the day this photo was taken in 1969. I may do a little touching up on it, and I have some theatre tickets that I'm going to age and add to it, as well as some other stuff, which will hopefully make it pop.


I made this photo a couple of Sundays ago on a field trip, which we were supposed to do for the class. It's on a copy of music paper, and it's at Glenkirk Landing, a very short walk from my house. The angle is toward the bluff caves and the Beachview community. I wish I'd paid more attention and made the music bars horizontal with the picture, but it's ok. I'll add more stuff to the page as I go along, maybe even some of my own artwork!

I have so many ideas that it's going to be hard to choose which ones to put in this book! And I haven't even watched all the videos yet, or done some of the projects from the videos I have watched!

It's beautiful fall weather here in Rabbit Hop, and I long to be out roaming around with my camera, but at the same time I want to be in my little rabbit nest playing in my journal and with other half done projects, while my conscious is making me feel guilty about what I "should" be doing. It's a never ending tug of war! :)

Happy Creating!

No comments: