Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Paint your Town Journal


The beginning of the 4"x 6" handmade journal for the Paint Your Town: Mixed-Media Urban Landscape class with Jeanne Oliver (see sidebar). I'm using watercolor board (I think) for the covers and a piece of canvas for the spine. I'm also using various papers and some cloth for the pages.


My journal after the pages are glued in and dry...


Journal open with pages ready to work on!

My journal after I used gel medium to attach a print of a vintage photo of The old Russ Hotel that used to grace the end of Main Street overlooking the TN River when I was growing up. I added a strip of my rust transferred fabric to the spine for a little color and to hold the leather lace in place. I'm not sure whether to leave it as it is or do a little touching up on it. The back is still blank for now. But it is ready to work in now! Can't wait!

Next project is waiting! :D

No comments: