Monday, August 11, 2014

What's On My Table This Weekend

I have some finished work, but don't have the posts written for them, so I thought I'd share some works in progress I have going this weekend. I decided to take a small break from classes and mixed media and do a little intuitive painting with acrylics on canvas, board, and paper.


X and O (or Kiss and Hug) is a thick layer of about 4 colors and white gesso smooshed around with a brush on a 6"x12" gallery canvas, then a plastic fork for emphasis...


On the right is about 3 colors plus white gesso smooshed around with a brush on an 8"x10" mixed media board, which I layed a sheet of mixed media paper on and rubbed to make a monoprint (on the left). I can see a dog  head, possibly wearing glasses, emerging in the right one and if I flip the monoprint I can see a man wearing a bow tie!


This 9"x12" gallery canvas also has a few colors plus white gesso smooshed around on it with a brush, then a monoprint pulled on mixed media paper (below), which flattened the paint some. I also dribbled water thinned white gesso down the page and left to dry...


Same painting flipped over: All sorts of images emerging from both views! Exciting stuff!


The monoprint I pulled from the painting just above it, on mixed media paper. When it dried I dribbled some black india ink on it, tilted it in different directions, and let it dry. It resembles a tree when I turn the paper vertically. At least, that's what I see!

I love doing these paintings and drawings intuitively and watching images emerge. It helps me to be freer with my painting, and not as fearful.

For now, I'm waiting for these pieces to tell me how they want to be finished! I'll post when they tell me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love intuitive painting and printing. It frees the spirit.
Cheers
Gabriele 26