Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mixed Media Marks All Pencil Self Portrait


The beginnings of a 8"x8" cradled wooden panel, mixed media piece, inspired by Jeanne Oliver's Creatively Made class. This was supposed to be a self portrait using a black Stablio marks all pencil, however, mine barely went that way. I printed out a black/white picture of myself, enlarged, and transferred it to the collaged papers on the canvas.


The transfer and a few more pieces added to collage...


Titan buff acrylic paint added...


Some stenciling, stamping, pan pastel, text strip, pencil touch ups, etc...


A touch of color to my face, gold leaf earrings, more touch up with the pencil and a Pitt pen, stenciled and written text, an edging, and I called it done. It's actually more colorful than the picture.

One day I hope to visit Paris, as soon as they build a bridge across the ocean! lol The text strip says, "I wondered how I would paint our times", and I tore it out of the book, White Oleander. I didn't make a picture of the sides, but I also collaged strips of sheet music and the book text paper around them, brushed titan buff acrylic over, and when that was dry, I stamped a feather around all of them in black. There is also some color rubbed on between the feather and the paint.

This was my first experience with a cradled wooden panel. It's great! Glad I ordered three of them!

Anyway, this is my version of the class, and I like it, even if it's not exactly a pencil portrait! Fun! :)

No comments: