Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Baby Shower Notecard

For Anna's (my husband's cousin) baby, Vencion, enclosed with the requested story book and gift card, for her Storybook Shower. Just a story book instead of a card was actually requested, but I also got her a gift card and needed a little card to put it in. I had this small piece of  "experimental" art that I had made a while back, so I glued it onto a notecard small enough to fit into the small book and added two tiny strips of washi tape to the sides to cover up the edges.



Close up view-portion of a napkin collaged onto a piece of cardstock painted hot pink, then stamped on with a wooden fabric stamp, with washi tape on the sides.

I decided that the card is a little TOO pink for a boy, so I added some blue into the flowers and background with a Posca paint pen. Then I added color to the blanket and elephant with posca paint pens and gel pens, some white with fluid acrylic in a fineliner bottle, and re-outlined the stamp with a fine black marker. I wrote a note on the inside while it dried, sprayed the front with sealer, called it done, and hopefully, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.


I'm going to enclose this card with the gift card inside the little book, wrap it in a sheet of paper with one of my gellie plate prints on it, and put it in a small bubble mailing envelope to  mail now.

Never know what you can turn an experimental scrap of art into! It's an adventure just waiting to happen!




No comments: